Thursday, July 27, 2006

From mouths of babes

"My two Papaws no game, they don't have dice."

This quote refers to the fact that neither of her grandfathers are gamers. It came out the blue a few days ago while we were sitting at the table having something to eat.

For those of you that don't know me, I have a daughter that's 2 and a half. Her vocabulary and verbal skills are growing at an rate that leaves her mother and me at a loss sometimes (OK, often). She is doomed to a gamer I fear. Her mother used to game with us periodically but gave it up to work on her Doctorate. So our daughter has been around gaming since before she was born. We have a group that plays at my house most Saturday afternoons. Although I've known all of these guys since WELL before she was born she refers to them as "my guys" and told us several weeks ago that "all my guys like my daddy", which is good I suppose. She is around quite a bit when we play and has picked up on some of the key things needed to be a gamer. Hence the quote about dice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Listed on BlogShares

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.