Sunday, October 02, 2005

Misadventures in life

Last night when I got home from working for Dennis dealing cards I was robbed at gun point. I pulled up outside my house and a car came up beside me with two guys in it. The passenger put a gun out the window and told me to not try anything, drop my wallet on the street and start walking. I walked about a car length to the end of Jeani's truck and ducked behind it as they backed up and headed down Wallace to 10th. I called 911 on my cell phone and a cop was here within 5 minutes and another one just a couple minutes later. I spent about an hour with the second guy going over what happened trying to get every detail I could come up with for them. As it turns out there were two other reports of guys in a red car approaching people at ATM's that fit the description I gave the cops. I had about $50 and 4 credit cards in my wallet along with misc stuff like drivers license, pictures, library card, etc. I spent awhile finding the phone numbers and getting all the cards cancelled. The only one that really pisses me off is that one was going to be my business card which I've only had for about a month. So I now have to change the card number with the places that I already have submitted that as a payment option. GODS!

5 Comments:

Blogger Oz said...

That sucks dude. I'm guessing you're (physically) ok since you are already posting and we haven't heard otherwise.

Sun Oct 02, 03:57:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Jason said...

I'm fine if a little sleep deprived. I didn't get to sleep until after 4am between dealing with the cops and the credit card stuff. It really is one of those things that you look back and say I could have done this and that and something else but at the time it wasn't worht the possibilty of getting shot. Now if they had said something like "lets go inside your house" I think they would have had a hell of a fight on their hands.

Sun Oct 02, 05:26:00 PM 2005  
Blogger CeltiaSkye said...

It sucks about the credit cards, but the important thing is that you're OK.

Sun Oct 02, 09:08:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Oz said...

Any word if they've caught the bastards? I'm guessing they'd ask you to ID them if they did.

Sat Oct 08, 12:26:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Jason said...

No arrests as of yet. I went downtown to look at a bunch of pictures but I couldn't say for certain if it was any of them.

Sat Oct 08, 02:05:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Listed on BlogShares

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.